Margaret River - Cape to Cape Track
Sept 18th 2016
Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and 13.5km Run - 18th Sept 2016
Dance With the Devil - Trail Marathon
How far will you get?
Just as the winemakers push themselves to the limit trialling new styles and varieties this marathon will push you to your limit. Will the Shiraz lull you into a false sense of security or will the Tempranillo keep you alert and on your toes? More...
Devil's Lair - 1/2 Marathon
Run through the perfect expression of the Terroir in Margaret River.
Chardonnay growing on beautiful gravel loam soils with the influence of the Southern Ocean. Cabernet on gravel soils with gentle North East facing slopes and the influence of the Indian Ocean. More...
Hidden Cave - 13.5km
What will you discover on this run?
A Hidden Cave perhaps. Endlessly interesting, devilishly delightful the run (like the wine) is suitable for all abilities. More...
All events finish Cowaramup Bay, Gractown. Presentations at 2pm.
General Information for all Competitors
This section of the Cape to Cape - the northern third, is the most spectacular and the best for running with only short beach sections, no large hills and ever-changing scenery. It contains short technical sections - mostly on the 2nd leg and 4th leg, though inexperienced runners can easily walk those sections.
There are creek crossings on 2nd, 3rd and 4th legs so everyone can expect to get their feet wet.
The event distances have been chosen to challenge all grades of runners. Occasional fun runners will find the 13.5km run a thrill and challenge - this section has the best the cape has to offer, while the more experienced runner can choose from the rest. The marathon should not be attempted by inexperienced trail runners - if you are going to try that then train on trails! Please note the event (any distance) is not suitable for walkers. While most competitors will walk parts, we do insist all competitors be able to run, at least on road, the distance they have entered for.
Registration is online only and the cost is $35 per runner and $45 per runner for the marathon.
The maps are broken into 4 legs. The marathon runners run all 4, the 1/2 marathon runners the last 2 and the 13.5km runners the last one.
Safety and Rules
- Walkers will be on the trail. Please be polite - they will normally be happy to let you through.
- Do not litter. This is a National Park. Drink stations will be slightly off course, and you will not be allowed back on course with a paper cup.
- Please help injured competitors.
- Stay on track if injured so we can find you. Please tell a marshal if pulling out.
- Marathon runners will be marked off at each aid station - please check in.
There will be several strategies in place to make navigation easy. They are:
- Will be following the Cape to Cape, so there will be markers. Marshals will be at a few spots.
- A simple navigation aid sheet is available linked. At a minimum you need to carry that. Leg 1 and 2 | Leg 3 and 4
- GPX and online maps available on the course pages.
- Basically if you do take a wrong turn, you will soon figure that out. The track sticks to the coast, and there is only one direction - south.
Questions, expressions of interest, or sponsorship enquires are welcome. Please email the , or make an enquiry by phoning Rod on 0417 971 471